I like this one. I like it alot.
That is why I named it, the Jackpot.
+ it’s CRUSTLESS, so anyone Gluten Free can participate:)
Jackpot Quiche is for everyone, GF or not!
Made it for dinner. Leftovers for breakfast. That’s how we roll.
INGREDIENTS: *printable recipe card below!
3/4 cup half and half cream, or heavy cream
6 oz. turkey bacon, cooked, chopped
2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
1/2 cup carrots, grated
1 stalk green onion, chopped fine
1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
Then put 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach in that same pan, after you remove the bacon. Yummi-ness will happen. Might need a dab of oil but not much. Just cook until it wither a bit.
Use alot, because spinach cooks down and shrinks quite a bit.
One chopped scallion. Toss it in.
Along with some salt & pep.
And an important final addition: CHEESE.
I shredded about 1 cup of smoked black pepper cheddar. Oh man.
Mix. Grease a pie pan. Dump. Bake.
350 degrees for 40 minutes. (but keep an eye on it..my old oven can be finicky).
Your neighbors might come knocking on your door, because the smell is alluring. It just is.
It was a fantastic dinner. BUT, I must say, the leftovers for breakfast were out-of-this-world. Why do leftovers always taste better?!
from my Tiny Kitchen,
Jackpot Crustless Quiche
A flavorful savory crustless quiche! Perfect to share for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup half and half, or heavy cream
- 6 oz. turkey bacon, cooked
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1 green onion stalk, chopped
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs and combine with cream. Set aside.
- Cook turkey bacon, chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- Saute spinach on the stove with a drop of oil and dash of salt, until lightly wilted.
- Combine egg mixture with bacon, spinach, carrots, scallion, cheese, and dash of salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased pie dish.
- Bake for approx 40-45 min, or until set.