Holidays are in full swing here in NYC, and we have found ourselves bouncing to parties, festivities, and enjoying all the best of friendship and city life… Christmas time is just marvelous!
I saw my first New York City Ballet performance of The Nutcracker this past week, and it was simply divine! All the familiar melodies of the live orchestra ringing through my ears, the gorgeous theatre, formal fancy attire, champagne sips at intermission….and best of all, the dancers! A most elegant form of strength and art. Bravo!
Approaching a holiday, I tend to prefer minimalistic low-fuss meals, especially since elaborate Christmas feasts are just around the corner! Today, I am sharing a special (but incredibly EASY) Ricotta Toast! I created this after purchasing perfect raspberries this weekend, and I’m always a sucker for ricotta-toast-anything.
Yields 10-14 tiny toasts, depending on baguette size.
**serves as lunch for two OR an appetizer tray
- Baguette, sliced (I used 1/2 loaf)
- Ricotta cheese
- Raspberries (approx 15 berries)
- Honey (1 heaping TBSP)
- Red Pepper Flakes. (1/4 tsp)
-Lightly butter or oil each toast slice and bake face up at 400 for 5-8 min, only a light toasting.
– Take them out to cool off.
– Mash raspberries, honey, red pepper flakes, and 3 shakes of salt, with a fork.
-Spread ricotta cheese on each toast, and sprinkle with a little salt.
-Place some berry mash atop the ricotta, and (optional) swirl it around with toothpick.
-Sprinkle each with more pepper flakes, as desired.
**if you are sensitive to heat, just eliminate red pepper flakes entirely! delicious, as is:)
Creamy, berry, bites with a kick! These toasts are great for parties or even fancy brunch.
This week is rather exciting! Visiting friends, holiday parties, and more snow in the forecast woohooo!
We return to Colorado next week, hoping for big snow days, lots of time by the fireplace, whiskey sips with fellow kindred spirits, kiss-overdosing our nieces and nephew, and indulging in deep gratefulness for such a beautiful celebration.
Whether your kitchens are tiny or spacious this Christmas, I hope they are filled to the brim with people that you hold dearest to your heart, clanking glasses under snowy nights, and filling bellies with unnecessary delights.
from my Tiny Kitchen,
Raspberry Red Pepper Ricotta Toast
An exhilarating flavor ride from the very first every bite!
- baguette, sliced, approximately 1/2 loaf
- ricotta cheese (spread on each)
- raspberries, approx 15 – 1 heaping TBSP honey – 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes – salt to taste
- Lightly butter or oil each toast slice and bake face up at 400 for 5-8 min, only a light toasting.
- Take them out to cool off.
- Mash raspberries, honey, red pepper flakes, and 3 shakes of salt, with a fork.
- Spread ricotta cheese on each toast, and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place some berry mash atop the ricotta, and (optional) swirl it around with toothpick.
- Sprinkle each with more pepper flakes, as desired. **if you are sensitive to heat, just eliminate red pepper flakes entirely! delicious, as is:)