Well, I FINALLY went grocery shopping, it’d been almost a month! With lots of wonderful family visits in Denver, and camping trips…we’ve just opted to use up our resources in the fridge and pantry in creative ways. But now that I filled up the fridge with great fresh foods and produce, I tend to immediately want to pull it out and chop it all up.
So thats what I did, and guys… it all goes really well with tuna! Hence, the salad that resulted yesterday.
This is not your normal Tuna Salad – it has no mayo (sorry mayo fans!). It’s not like I’m a mayo-hater. I just opted for a more fresh approach, this time ’round.
- Start with a big bowl:)
- Tuna cans (4? 5?)
- chopped yellow bell pepper
- chopped scallions
- chopped black olives
- chopped fresh dill pickles (dill relish)
- chopped carrots (optional – but I love them carrots)
- a dash of white vinegar
- dash of chicken broth (optional)
- small squeeze of yellow mustard
- garlic powder or minced garlic (depends on your garlic-y preferences)
- salt :: pepper
So there you have it!
Andy likes this on toast..YUM. I like to eat it right out of the bowl. Or you could do it like a lettuce wrap. So light, but filling. It’s basically a full meal!
from my Tiny Kitchen,